Tuesday, September 13, 2011

One Call Away by Brenda Warner

I must start off by saying I'm not a big person on biography/autobiography/memoir  type of books. But I decided to go ahead and give One Call Away by Brenda Warner a shot, mainly due to being an Iowan and big Kurt Warner fan. In this book Brenda talks about her relationships starting out when she was young and how those relationships evolved. She then went into her military experience, marriage, divorce and remarriage. She had some major ups and some major downs. The book was set up in a very easy flowing chronological time frame.
I really enjoyed that she seemed human in the book. I remember some of the rumors she talked about when Kurt played with the Rams. She has had many troubles that others have went through. I had a hard time putting this book down. I also enjoyed following her growth in faith. I would have liked to see a little bit more of a connection to Bible verses that gets her through some tough  times, but, once again, not an issue with the book.  I would 100% recommend this book to others.
I received this book from the publisher in return for an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment