Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Stuck DVD based series by Jennie Allen

I was provided with a copy of Stuck by Jennie Allen free of charge from Thomas Nelson in return for my honest review. Wow was I blown away by this one. I have attended many small group series. Not many of them are as moving, thought provoking as this one. In the box you are provided with a leaders guide, participants guide, DVD, and cards. After reading the introduction and getting to know Jenni Allen's layout, I was prepared to listen to the first section. I must state that I did this study by myself, but it would be an excellent women's study (or a man's for that matter). Each of the  lessons are a short quick blurp. During these sessions Jennie changes scenes/ locations to relate with what she is talking about. These are short and fairly easy to follow. It will cause  a lot of thoughts to go off through your head. Then to follow up each session there is questions in the guide. There is also "projects" to do. These projects range from drawing a picture to filling in scale to finding your strengths in weaknesses. The discussion cards look like excellent ice breaker cards or to use in a group, but I didn't read all of them or use them in a group.
I would say this study is an excellent, quick study that will remind you where your relationship is with God. I really enjoyed the participants guide the most. I really liked the Bible verses that were assigned for the chapters and then the projects. It wasn't all based on talking and getting other peoples feedback. It was your own experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment